The Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania in the Peoples’ Republic of China has the responsibility of promoting relations of friendship and co-operation between the governments and the peoples of the United Republic of Tanzania and the Peoples Republic of China. The Embassy is also accredited to Socialist Republic of Vietnam, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and the Mongolian People's Republic. The Embassy's responsibilities are in the following areas:
A: Consular activities
- Visa issuance
- Renewal of passports for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Passport replacements for Tanzania nationals abroad
- Issuance of Emergency Travel Documents (ETD) to Tanzania nationals in distress abroad
- Receiving and forwarding of citizenship renunciation application forms and corresponding certificates
- Passport endorsements
- Providing advisory services to Tanzania nationals in problems.
B: Commercial activities
- Promotion of economic diplomacy
- Promotion of investments
- Promotion of tourism
- Facilitating co-operation between NGOs in Tanzania and NGOs in the area of our representation.
- Conciliating cultural exchange between Tanzanian and China, and other countries in our accreditation.